Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 5

I just finished week 5 and I must say... it was an up and down week. It was our second week of Women's haircutting and design decisions. The first day went great... It was basically a refresher. But our second day of it, I got really frustrated. I just couldn't seem to grasp it. I knew what to do, but I just couldn't physically do it, I guess. I almost cried 3 times. But I kept my tears in, thank goodness! On Friday, we got to do a short haircut and I loved it! It was really hard to do the perimeter, but I loved texturizing! I'm really going to enjoy doing that. It's amazing what a difference texture can make in a hairstyle.

Saturday was our "model" day. We got to bring someone in and cut their hair! Under supervision, of course. I was so nervous! I brought one of my best friends, Samantha, in. She has curly hair and wanted something low maintenance and something she could wear straight or curly. My educator had me give her square layers on the back of her hair and regular laters in the front. We also gave her a swoop fringe that she will be able to part on either side if she wants. It was a great experience and I can't wait to bring in my husband next weekend as my male model!

We also had a potluck at school on model day. It was so fun! There was great food and I really enjoyed hanging out with everyone from my class. I brought some BBQ meatballs(thanks go out to my friend Meghan for introducing me to them!) and I was worried that they wouldn't go over too well and I'd be stuck with a lot of leftovers. Thankfully, everyone loved them! They couldn't stop eating them! I was so happy and there were NO leftovers! Woop woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment